Whether you are starting a new business, launching a new product or beginning a new campaign -- a creative brief can help your company organize the details from the beginning and keep it in line with your marketing objectives.
Here is some information a corporate marketer might pull together before engaging an agency in a new communications project.
- Develop a job title and give a short description about the project.
- State your marketing objectives in terms of goals.
- Define the target audience and the benefits that you want to communicate.
- List any assumptions about the desires or needs for your product or service.
- Information about the competitive landscape should be shared.
- Begin to organize what key and secondary messages you may want to convey.
- List the items that must be included like logo, phone number, codes.
- And lastly, be clear about expected time lines and your budget requirements.